Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Prayer for Bobby

    There are decent dramas which make you think, and then there are great dramas which make you feel... I think this particular movie is more of the latter. I honestly can't recall the last time I've seen a movie like Prayers for Bobby. Perhaps one of the saddest stories I've really ever seen portrayed. Mostly on account of the fact that there was in fact a time when I could've totally related to Bobby...
    Prayers for Bobby chronicles the tragically short life of Bobby Griffith as he struggles with his sexuality and his attempts to gain acceptance from his ultra-conservative mother. The movie stars Sigourney Weaver as Bobby's mother, and a young 22-year old actor named Ryan Kelly (who btw does an absolutely amazing job as Bobby).
    Prayers for Bobby is based off a book (of the same title) written by author Leroy F. Aarons. The movie is currently available on Itunes... but unfortunately not on DVD yet. One comment I have to make about this movie though... I'm not exactly the biggest softy on emotions and I don't think I've really shed a tear since I was 13. This movie had my eyes watered up by the end neutral. Very tragic...

    Source URL: http://popularentertainment.blogspot.com/2009/02/prayer-for-bobby.html
    Visit Popular Hot Entertainment for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...