Friday, April 24, 2009

I'd like to take a Mulligan

    There are no mulligans in life... Or better put for people of my generation, once you've made a life decision there's no loading back to a previous save mrgreen... But you can always wonder 'what-if' I suppose... and that's basically what this novel adaptation focuses on.

    'What if instead of settling down and conforming to society all those years ago, I chose instead to follow my heart and seek out happiness?'... Mulligans (2008) is perhaps the first movie (that I've had the pleasure of watching) that attempts to tackle this opposite end of the spectrum 'coming out' scenario... Is coming out still a viable option after settling down, or does it only lead to complications and broken families?...
    I have to admit, I kind of checked this movie out on a whim without knowing much about the book or any backstory. Some aspects of the film were pretty predictable nonetheless, but I thought the acting and directing overall exceeded some of my expectations. I won't give away how the story resolves itself, suffice to say I don't wholeheartedly condone some of the actions taken in the end confused...
    Mulligans debuted on DVD last Tuesday so you can pick up a copy over at Amazon or order it through netflix. Oh and yes, this movie came quite dangerously close to being a, um... let's say feature-length [insert opposite of MILF] fantasy come to life cool. Quite unique in such regards to say the least mrgreen...

    Source URL: http://popularentertainment.blogspot.com/2009/04/i-like-to-take-mulligan.html
    Visit Popular Hot Entertainment for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...