Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ancient Olympia (Part 1)


    Ah, the ancient Greeks... one of my favorite subjects back when I was taking art history... or was it Greek and Roman culture? Nevertheless we owe it to the Greeks for the Olympics... they're responsible for getting the ball rolling for all this we're seeing today. So I figured what better way to honor the ancient tradition, than to post a couple clips from a documentary I literally caught only a week ago.
    These clips originate from a documentary that aired on PBS recently titled 'The Real Olympics'.
    The documentary basically contrasts the ancient Olympics with the current century-long running modern ones. Oh, and as you can tell, there are a couple of reenactments here and there that I took note of cool.
    The documentary does manage to attempt to stay true to the nature of the ancient version of the games... minus the full nudity of course. This is PBS after all; I'm surprised they showed as much as they did to be honest. Nevertheless I found this documentary to be very time appropriate for the Olympics (I'd have to assume that's why it aired recently to begin with). You can check the documentary in its entirety out over at Netflix or purchase the DVD.

    Source URL: http://popularentertainment.blogspot.com/2008/08/ancient-olympia-part-1.html
    Visit Popular Hot Entertainment for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...