Sunday, October 5, 2008

Donald Strachey Mysteries

    If ever there were a candidate for a film series that could likely translate to a fantastic television show, the Donald Strachey Mystery movies on Here would most certainly have to be it. I finally got a chance last week to catch up on the second movie in the series (Shock to the System), and I have to say I was more than pleasantly surprised...
    The cast, the acting, the story-development and plot twists, all far and above what I expected... I almost want to compare it to Torchwood in that yeah, there's a little bit of guy/guy making out here and there, but that's not the primary focus of the storylines (which I find refreshing). Lol, and also to be honest, I don't think this trailer really does the movie justice... or even the series in general confused... but I digress...
    For those of you not entirely familiar with the Donald Strachey Mystery movies, it's basically a film series based off the long-running Richard Stevenson crime-thriller novels. Chad Allen plays the lead recurring role as one of Albany's most unlikely detectives, along with a talented/well-rounded cast of regulars and guest stars (including Morgan Fairchild in Shock the System).
    I loved the second movie and the whole series in general, and highly recommend it. I've still yet to catch the fourth and latest one (Ice Blues), but I heard from a friend of a friend that it was great as well, so I'll take his word on it... overall if you're interested in getting into a great well-rounded series, check out the Strachey Mystery series on currently available on DVD, Here and Netflix.

    Source URL: http://popularentertainment.blogspot.com/2008/10/donald-strachey-mysteries.html
    Visit Popular Hot Entertainment for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...