Saturday, January 19, 2008

Lives up to the hype...

    Two words to describe Cloverfied: Intense Escapism

    So I got a chance to catch Cloverfield yesterday at a major megaplex completely packed from top to bottom row. The movie was absolutely fantastic. Not in the sense of an Oscar-worthy storyline, though the story wasn't too bad in its own right. But the fact it so brilliantly accomplishes what it sets out to do. Cloverfield was hands-down the best monster movie I've ever seen. And the most innovative to boot. I'd even go as far as to say it was better than 'The Host' (although I'd place that as the second best).

    Seeing as this movie only came out in theaters yesterday, I'll stay shy of giving out any details. I read a negative review that basically called this movie a '9/11 Thrill Ride'... somewhat accurate, at times the movie can hit close to home with the imagery and whatnot, but in the end, I think that adds to the urgency portrayed in the movie. Mix 9/11, the 'Blair Witch Project', and any monster flick (i.e. Godzilla), and you basically end up with Cloverfield. They did an excellent job on this one, and I highly recommend. See this movie in a major theater with a packed crowd, you'll enjoy it mrgreen.

    Read more: Link

    Source URL: http://popularentertainment.blogspot.com/2008/01/lives-up-to-hype.html
    Visit Popular Hot Entertainment for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...