Sunday, May 10, 2009

Set phasers to Amazing

    Cause yeah wow... An actual character driven sci-fi movie that perfectly balances action, drama, comic relief *and* manages to revive a tired/aging franchise? I think it's safe to say J.J. Abrams worked out a miracle on this one.

    The casting for this movie was perfection. Yes granted my interest generally originated with the Captain... but by the end I grew to love every single cast member operating the Enterprise. Simon Pegg as Scotty and Zachary Quinto as Spock were perhaps my favorite... But of course I can't forget Sulu, Uhura, the super cute Anton Yelchin playing a young Checkov... and Captain Kirk's absolutely gorgeous father played by hot aussie actor Chris Hemsworth... (I request a prequel featuring just him please cool).
    So yeah, I'll be honest and say I've never really enjoyed a Star Trek movie (none that I can recall at least cool). The franchise itself has pretty much dead for a while now as far as I was concerned... so to see it be revived with such audacious enthusiasm really was a treat mrgreen.
    My verdict: I emphatically give this movie one thumb up for most likely being the best summer blockbuster movie of 2009...

    And of course another thumb up for the Kirk and Spock 'bromance' (as unspoken yet implied as it may be)... Yes I know I'm shameless, but can you blame me cool. Kidding aside though, this was a genuinely fantastic movie... highly recommended for anyone who hasn't seen it.

    Source URL: http://popularentertainment.blogspot.com/2009/05/set-phasers-to-amazing.html
    Visit Popular Hot Entertainment for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...