Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Snapper : Enzo Laera Interview






    Photographer extraordinaire Enzo Laera accepted to answer the Morphosis interview and joined some outtakes (above) of his Tendencias shoot featuring Harry Goodwins.
    Jump to the complete editorial from here.
    Interview :
    Lestat : Who is Vincenzo Laera ?
    Enzo : I'm a 40-something photgrapher born in Milan. I spent half of my life between New York and Los Angeles. Just landed in Berlin. I have a degree in social behaviors, mastered in Berlin.
    Lestat : How did you start your career ?
    Enzo : I started twenty-eight years ago, first in Milan then I moved to NYC, and began collaborating in the industry. First as a hair stylist. The trasnsition from that to photography was kind of natural, it was the only reason why I stayed in this industry, it gave me a great opportunity to see in action, camera in hands, fantastic photographers such as Avedon, Penn, Meisel, Klein, Leibowit , Newton, Watson to name a few. I always had images in my mind and that was the only reason why I enjoyed the fashion shoots, so... when the right time came, it was absolutly more than normal to make "photography" my passion, as a new career. Fashion photography and portraiture are the only assigments that I was ever in, from a very young age. I wish I could shoot and love landscape too, as much I like people, but I really don't know much about it. So I think I will keep shooting gorgous humans for a bit longer .
    Lestat : What’s a working day like ?
    Enzo : I usually wake up early, it's just my normal routine, I think of the day to come, and always make sure that... model first and every collaborator will have all the details for what we are ready to do. As long as I have my model in front of the camera by 1pm, I'm very happy, I usually require to meet everybody by 10.30am, but if for whatever reason the model can t be in town before noon, then... 1 pm or 2 pm is just all right. The atmosphere is always relax, confortable, sane ! My models (or the talent of the day) are my heros and my priority... don't mess with'em or you are outa the production !
    Lestat : Who / what inspires you most ?
    Enzo : Sounds, music, light, beauty, shapes, movements, words, photo art & art installations. But I also like vampires, S. Freud, Machintosh, men on weekends, sobriety, Panorama bar, Sasha P., my choise of models, Acqua di Parma, Iris poudre, Pierre Bourdon, and the work of : B. Weber, H. Slimane, P. Picasso, A. dello Russo, J. Vallhonrat, S. Klein, S. Meisel, N. Formichetti, Dior Homme, Life, A Smile.
    Lestat : How was the process of your last shoot ?
    Enzo : I received a request from this art director, immediatly after made a call in London to one of the sharpest and coolest booking agent ever : Ryan at Models1. I Confirmed an angel : Harry Goodwins. The job was an assigment for Tendencias . The edit is in Morphosis !
    Lestat : What would be the perfect next shoot like ?
    Enzo : A bigger budget .
    Lestat : What are your projects ?
    Enzo : On the way to confirm the new cover boy plus a 12-page editorial for the May issue . Always a surprise !
    Lestat : Speaking of the Tendencias shoot again, how was it like ?
    Enzo : It was a fantastic day, Harry Goodwins landed in Berlin at 10.30am, arrived at the appointment location by 11.15, like "mostly of the models" he was not starving, so we decided, instead of a lunch, to start the shoot, we hit the location by 1.30pm, and by 5pm we had all the pictures. At 6pm, we all had a great dinner at Trattoria Popolare, which is one of the most authentic Italian restaurant in Berlin .
    Lestat : Sounds awesome ! Now other than that, is love important to you ?
    Enzo : I have to be in "love" with what is in front of my camera, or the entire process is painfull and never fullfilling .
    Lestat : I have a more stupid question ! What do you wear to bed ?
    Enzo : Just my underwear. Sometimes a man, in the past, my dog.
    Lestat : Do you spend much time on the Internet ?
    Enzo : I wish I could say... no I don't.
    Lestat : Answer the question you’d like to be asked.
    Enzo : Yes I do accept your offer to shoot your new campaign, and sure, I'll move to London if you want me to.
    Lestat : ...and we won't know who this is aimed at !
    Source URL: https://popularentertainment.blogspot.com/2011/03/snapper-enzo-laera-interview.html
    Visit Popular Hot Entertainment for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...